The Pro-Tectic frame lock features an innovative design that not only provides security but allows a chain or cable accessory to be plugged into the lock when open or closed.
- Case, 8.5mm shackle, and locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
- Locking mechanism in the lock body for easy connection of accessories
- Extra large aperture (2.48" height x 4.25" wide) to accomodate many tire sizes
- ABUS automatic cylinder
- Can be mounted as bolt-on or with Span-Ban adapter (not included)
- Security Rating: 12 of 15
- Two keys
Abus Security Levels
Locks with a rating between 1-4 provide basic protection against theft and best suited for areas of low risk. These locks are often intended for use on children’s bikes, as a secondary locking option or as an accessory lock such as a helmet or seat leash.
Locks with a security level between 5-9 offer an extra level of security and are most appropriate areas of medium to low theft risk and for use on good to entry level adult bikes. These locks are also recommended as secondary locking options in areas of high-theft risk when used with a higher rated lock for added security.
Bicycle locks with a security dial rating between 10-15 offer the maximum protection and are intended for use with higher-end bicycles, bikes locked in urban areas and for use in areas of high-theft risk.