Careers @ BEB
Bend Electric Bikes is a full-service electric and cargo bike shop with a mission to get more people on bikes.
We are seeking an experienced bike mechanic for a long-term, full-time position. While experience with e-bikes would be useful, good general troubleshooting abilities and a desire to learn are even more important.
- Requires 2 years experience as a bike mechanic (ebike knowledge a bonus).
- Perform all types of repairs on both electric and non-electric bikes.
- Build e-bikes and perform adjustments.
- Install and understand all bike components and accessories.
- Ability to thoroughly document repairs into work order software (Lightspeed).
- Manage warranty work including documenting work and communicating with vendors.
- Ability to communicate including educating customers in daily maintenance and explain repairs and servicing.
- Maintain an organized service department .
- Diagnose & repair electrical problems, often using diagnostic software.
- Enthusiasm for learning changing technology.
- Ability to use or learn to use computer diagnostic software.
- Install conversion kits on non electric bikes.
- Opportunity to cross-train for sales floor and community demo events.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Dependable, reliable, flexible
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work most weekends and most holidays to support business needs
- Most of all have a passion for bikes
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs, bending and stooping also required
We offer competitive wages, paid time off, health insurance benefits for full-time employees, bonuses based on sales, and flexible work schedules. We also encourage continuing education and training.
Bend Electric Bikes is celebrating 10 years as Central Oregon’s most comprehensive electric bike and cargo bike shop. Our current brands are Specialized, Giant, Larry vs. Harry, Felt, Riese & Müller, Urban Arrow, Xtracycle, Yuba, Gazelle, Benno, Tern, and Bulls.
Please drop off a resume and cover letter in person Tues - Sat 10am to 5:30pm
If you are out of the area please email these items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!